For monitoring, TBSP uses Prometheus, an open-source monitoring and alerting tool.
Prometheus collects metrics from monitored targets by scraping metrics HTTP endpoints of these targets.
Where to access
If you have a running TBSP instance, view monitoring data by adding /metrics to the URL of your running instance.
What is monitored
In addition to the default metrics, Prometheus collects these TBSP metrics:
- numOfRequests This counts the number of HTTP requests received.
- pathsTaken This counts the number of URL accesssed.
- tracking This counts the routes, response time, and URL accessed.
- person This counts the number of logouts by users.
Counter uses the increment method, where the value can only increase by 1 or be reset. These metrics contain values that cannot be decreased.
- responses This is a summary of the response times in milliseconds for handling a request.
Summary samples observations, such as request durations and response sizes. Tracking the number of observations and the sum of observed values, summary enables you to calcuate the average of observed values.